Every year, fads come and go. When it comes to promotional items you’ve probably noticed that pens are no longer as commonly used as before, because people nowadays tend to use their smartphones and laptops for their notes. USB sticks once enjoyed a level of popularity as well, but today, people usually share data through other means. But if there’s one thing that has remained a favourite through the years, it would have to be promotional T-shirts, along with sport caps and other wearables.
Even today they’re still among the most effective means of spreading your brand message. Here are some reasons why they work so well:
- T-shirts are comfortable. That’s one of the reasons why people wear them and why they’re the ultimate casual wear. Baseball caps and hats are comfy as well, as can be seen by the number of people wearing them. Of course, you have to make sure you actually use high-quality materials for your T-shirt and ball cap promo items.
- They can be “cool”. It all depends on the design on the shirt and ball cap, but essentially these things are fashion accessories. People wear them because they make the wearer look good. Again, you have to make sure the design is attractive and functional. If the shirt is cool, people will wear them more often which gives your company more exposure.
- You have plenty of space to work on. With ball caps, you have enough space to put your logo and perhaps your company name at the front. With T-shirts, you have even more ad space. You can place your company slogan or message, or feature an image you want to be associated with your brand. You have enough space to really define what your brand stands for.
- Eyes gravitate towards them. Shirts and hat are out in the open, and people just naturally look them over. People check out what others are wearing, which is why so many people take so much time and effort into improving their wardrobe. The clothes define a person, and people judge you by what you wear.
- More people become aware of your brand. When you give away a shirt or ask your employees to wear your promotional shirts, you’re not just introducing your brand to those wearing the shirt, but you’re also introducing your brand to all the people who see the shirt. Your brand name becomes embedded in the minds of all those people. And since shirts and caps can be worn just about anywhere, your brand becomes more familiar to everyone in the neighbourhood, in school, at work, at the park, etc.
You get all these benefits, and yet you don’t spend a lot of money for these promotional items. In fact, just a modest budget can get you started, and the more shirts you order the cheaper each shirt is going to cost. Through the years, shirts and other wearables have remained among the most popular promotional items ever because of their cost-effectiveness.
And here’s the most undeniable proof that shirts and wearables work: at some point, you may even sell your shirt with your brand name and logo. That’s the ultimate success indicator: when people pay money so that they can promote your brand!